Strategic Plannning Request for Proposals
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
To solicit proposals from consultants experienced in strategic planning to lead Houston Coalition Against Hate (HCAH) through a long-range strategic planning process.
Specifically, HCAH is seeking a consultant to provide the following services:
• Work with a Strategic Planning Team, comprised of Board Members, Staff, and Stewardship Committee members, to articulate a clear strategic plan for HCAH for 2022-2027. This five-year plan should identify specific fundraising, grant making, communication, and programming objectives for the organization to pursue in furtherance of its vision of justice.
• Review and evaluate existing Coalition structure, model, and systems of operations in order to offer suggestions to maximize efficiency.
Introduction and Background
Houston Coalition Against Hate (HCAH) is a powerful force for good in our community. Our network of 55+ members are committed to addressing all incidents of hate, bias, violence, discrimination and on the basis of a person or group’s religion, race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity/expression, abilities, age, sexual orientation, national origin, creed, immigration status, or genetic information.
In light of this stance, priority will be given to candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing racial, economic, and legal justice for marginalized populations. All strategic planning must be conducted through a lens of justice over equity as laid out in our Justice Statement, which can be read in its entirety here. BIPOC, women, and all people from oppressed, marginalized identities and/or communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Specific areas that need to be addressed in the creation of a five-year strategic plan include but are not be limited to:
- An environmental scan that examines internal and external opportunities and perceptions impacting the organization’s ability to achieve mission
- A thorough assessment of infrastructure needs including, but not limited to, space, technology, human capital, and financial resources
- The development of a sustainable financial and programmatic model to achieve goals
- The proposal will provide an executive summary of the work that will be performed by the consultant and a detailed work breakdown structure with timeframes of the steps that will be taken to develop a strategic plan
HCAH will examine the following factors and criteria:
- The extent to which the proposal addresses the clearly defined issues and describes the scope of work
- Plans and methodology to be used to perform the services
- Demonstrated commitment to justice and belonging
- Qualifications and experience of consultant related to strategic planning
- Availability for work to commence August 2021, with strategic plan draft presented to the HCAH board no later than January 2022, and with final draft delivered by February 2022
- Project budget
Please provide a complete written response that is double-spaced and does not exceed 15 single-sided pages. Proposals should include the following components:
- Executive Summary
- Description or mission statement of the applicant’s general approach to
strategic planning consultation, including but not limited to, shared values, methodology, perspective, or philosophy that guides your work with organizations in this undertaking
- Clear explanation of how the consultant will address the management issues to be examined at HCAH
- List of project deliverables to be created with a detailed timeline for each deliverable and overall project completion
- Detailed budget that breaks out expenses
- Credentials and qualifications of key personnel who will take responsibility for working directly on this project
- Example(s) of a finished strategic plan created by your company
Applicants must submit one (1) electronic copy of the proposal. Please note that HCAH will not reimburse applicants for any costs incurred in the development of proposals.
For questions or more information, please contact Liz Peterson, Assistant Director at Liz@houstonagainsthate.org.
Please send completed proposals, by June 30, 2021 to Marjorie Joseph, Executive Director at Marjorie@houstonagainsthate.org.
The Houston Coalition Against Hate (HCAH) is a network of community-based organizations, institutions and leaders in Houston, TX that have come together to collectively address incidents of bias, hate, discrimination and violence against Houstonians because of their religion, race, ethnicity, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and immigration status.