We are Houston-based organizations, institutions, and leaders committed to addressing all incidents of hate, bias, discrimination, and violence on the basis of a person or group’s religion, race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity/expression, abilities, age, sexual orientation, national origin, creed, immigration status, or genetic information. HCAH does this through education, research, relationship building, and prevention initiatives, as well as partnering with organizations to host events that celebrate the diversity that makes Houston strong.
- Prevent and respond to incidents of hate and bias through the arts, policy and community engagement.
- Conduct and support research to understand, address, and reduce hate and bias incidents.
- Foster relationships between law enforcement and member organizations to better serve their respective communities.
- Create opportunities for collaboration amongst coalition members to increase capacity and the cohesion of community initiatives by serving as a convening body for local grassroots and national organizations.
- Work collectively to develop best practices, including but not limited to uniform systems of response to hate and bias incidents.